top of page
- Love By The Handles is a registered organization with The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- On average, women spend about $950 on domestic violence emergency care visit.
- 1 in 6 women in the United States experience severe stalking.
- 4% of men have been injured as a result of intimate partner violence.
- A victim of Domestic Violence waits until they've been hit an average of 35 times before filing a police report.
- 15.5 million children are exposed to domestic violence each year.
- 1 in 3 teens in the U.S. will experience physical, sexual or emotional abuse by someone they are in a relationship with before they become adults.
- February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month.
- April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
- October Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- November is National Homeless Hunger & Youth Awareness Month
- Mental, Verbal, and Emotional abuse are real and very severe... however, the law governing restraining orders does not cover those types of abuse.
bottom of page